Tuesday 4 August 2009

Vegie Roll (妈密火腿蔬菜卷)

I like to take Vegiemite together with my dish when I was young
even until today. I get this vegie roll recipe from Agnes Chang's
recipe book.

I just got my bread maker recently, and makes me so much
easier in bread making. I don't have to use my mixer to knead
the dough; and just have to get all the ingredients ready and
let the machine do all the work. By the way, I've used another
dough recipe for this dough base.

Here are the recipe:

(A):
330gm bread flour
20gm milk powder
11gm instant yeast
60gm sugar
1/4 tsp salt
230ml fresh milk, cold

(B):
55gm butter, soften

(C):
1 onion, chopped
150gm ham, chopped (I substituted with chopped sausage)
200gm mixed vegetables
1/4 tsp pepper

Some vegiemite or marmite

(D): Glazing
1 beaten egg
1/8 tsp salt

(E): Topping
Some chopped ham
30gm melted butter

Method:
1. Mix all dough ingredients together except butter and beat till
smooth dough is formed.
2. Add in butter and continue beating for another 10 mins.
3. Cover with cling wrap and leave to prove for 45 mins.
4. Mix all ingredients (D) together. Set aside.
5. Roll the dough until 14" square size.
6. Spread vegiemite or marmite on the dough. Leave about 2cm
border all around.
7. Sprinkle mixed ingredients (D) on top of the vegiemite or
marmite covered area.
8. Roll the dough as make a swiss roll.
9. Cut the dough into 4cm thick pieces; place them with the cut
side up onto a greased square tin.
10. Glaze with glazing. Sprinkle again with extra chopped ham
and leave to rise until double in bulk. (about 45 mins to 1 hour)
11. Bake in preheat oven at 200'C for 20 mins. or cooked until
golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment