Wednesday, 12 August 2009
Ping Pei Mooncake (Recipe)
240gm koh fan (cooked glutinous flour)
220gm icing sugar, sifted
350ml cold boiled water
1/4tsp pandan paste
some green colouring
some red bean paste / lotus paste
Mooncake mould (wooden is better)
1. Divide the filling at 120gm each, roll each filling become a
2. Mix koh fan and sifted icing sugar into mixing bowl.
3. Slightly mix the above with "K" beater at low speed.
4. Gradually pour in the cold water while machine running until
a soft dough is form.
5. Add in shortening and continue to beat until all mixture
6. Take out the ping pei dough from mixing bowl, divide it at
7. Roll the ping pei dough into a round shape till enough to cover
8. Wrap the ping pei dough with the filling and sprinkle with some
koh fan before press it into the mooncake mould.
* Can reduce the sweetness