Tuesday 7 July 2009

Chocolate Prune Cake


I've been looking for a great prune cake recipe for a long long time.
I still remember my friend have brought me a prune cake when
her untie came to KK from Sandakan in 5 years ago. It's was a
steamed prune cake, the taste really nice, moist and soft. Then
I keep to remind her always help me to order this prune cake from
her untie when she come to KK every time.

In the meantime, I've tried to searching for several type of prune
cake. Unfortunately, the taste comes out is not like the type and
taste with my friend brought me before.

I've found this chocolate prune cake recipe from a cake book. This
is a baked prune cake, rich with chocolate flavour and moist.

(A)
260gm Unsalted butter
400gm Sugar (I've reduced to 360gm)
Pinch of salt
20gm Chocolate emulco

(B)
4 nos Eggs

(C)
50gm Cocoa powder
100gm Hot water

(D)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
330gm Milk

(E)
425gm Cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder

(F)
250gm Prunes, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 170'C. Greased and lined a 10" round/ 9"
square cake tin.
2. Mix (D) together and let it stand for 30 minuets.
3. Beat (A) until light and fluffy.
4. Add in (B), one at a time. Combine well in each addition.
5. Mix (C) together, add into the above batter.
6. Slowly fold in sifted (E) and (D) alternatively followed by (F)
thoroughly combines.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake tin. Bake for 55 minuets - 1 hour.

* Recipe can be half.

No comments:

Post a Comment