Monday 27 July 2009

Green Tea Cake (绿茶台式蛋糕)

My auntie called me and asking a piece of cake to her yesterday.
She was reminded to me this cake must came with not so sweet,
healthy and not oily. I've understood that my auntie always
keep to say she want to reduce her weight, but she always "eat
first than diet later......"

This is a Taiwanese sponge cake. It's soft, light, spongy and with a
strong green tea flavour. Some of my friend they don't like the
green tea taste but I've strongly recommended to one of my
baking friend of this spongy cake.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Cherry Potato,
    You know what? You can bake very well, more to learn from you. Do you want to link me? If you're interested, you would like to link to my english or chinese blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MF, have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award. Check out my blog ya!!! Happy baking & blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine : Thanks for your compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fatmum: Very thanks for your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cherry Potato,

    Your Taiwanese Green Tea cake looks beautiful & very creative decor. I tried making one but it failed. The cake was slightly rubbery. I think I didnt mix the egg white properly. Anyway I tried to find the recipe again but couldn't find my recipe anymore. Is it possible for you to share your recipe with me?
    Thank you so much.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice: Thank you for your dropping to my blog. I don't have this green tea cake recipe actually; but i have replace the plain flour with enough green tea powder. Can you give me your email?

    ReplyDelete